Adding lemon to water not only quenches thirst better than any other beverage, but it also nourishes our body with vitamins, minerals and trace elements which we absolutely need. Lemon with water can be considered the best real energy booster. When we wake up in the morning, our bodily tissues are dehydrated and are in need of water to push out toxins and restore the cells. In other words, this homemade “lemonade” helps reduce internal toxins, regulating proper kidney and digestive tract functions by winning them to work as easily as possible.
18 incredible Ideas To Start Your Day With Water and Lemon
- Water with lemon gives the body with electrolytes which hydrate your body. As lemons contain the good amount of electrolytes such as potassium, calcium, and magnesium.
- Water with lemon is good for the bones, reducing pain in the joints and muscles.
- Hot water with lemon helps digestion as lemon contains citric acid. It interacts with other enzymes and acids which easily stimulate the secretion of gastric juice and digestion.
- The liver creates more enzymes from water with lemon than from any other food.
- Water with lemon cleanses.
- Water with Lemon helps fight diseases of the respiratory tract, sore throats and inflammation of the tonsils. This is due to the anti-inflammatory properties of lemon.
- Warm water with lemon helps regulate natural bowel movement.
- Water with lemon is needed for the normal work of metabolism. Since lemon is a powerful antioxidant, it protects the body from free radicals and strengthens the immune system.
- Water with lemon aids in proper functioning of the nervous system (as lemon has a high content of potassium). Depression and anxiety are often the results of low levels of potassium in the blood. The nervous system needs a sufficient amount of potassium to ensure sustainable signals to the heart.
- Water with lemon cleanses the blood, blood veins, and arteries.
- Water with lemon can help lower blood pressure. A daily intake of one lemon can reduce high blood pressure by 10%.
- Water with lemon produces an alkalizing effect in the body. Even if you drink it immediately before a meal, it can help your body maintain a higher level of pH. The longer the pH, the more your body is able to fight diseases.
- Water with lemon is good for the skin. Vitamin C in lemon enhances our skin by rejuvenating the body. Drinking water with lemon regularly (every morning) will improve the condition of your skin.
- Water with lemon helps to dilute uric acid, the built up of which leads to pain in the joints and gout.
- Water with lemon is beneficial for pregnant women. Since lemons are loaded with Vitamin C, it acts as an adaptogen helping the body cope with viruses such as colds. Furthermore, vitamin C helps the formation of bone tissue of the unborn baby. At the same time, due to the high content of potassium, a mixture of water with lemon helps to form cells of the brain and nervous system of the baby.
- Water with lemon relieves heartburn. For this, mix a teaspoon of lemon juice in half a glass of water.
- Water with lemon helps dissolve gallstones, kidney stones, pancreatic stones, and calcium deposits.
- Water with lemon helps with weight loss. Lemons contain pectin fiber, which helps suppress hunger cravings. Studies have proven people with a better alkaline diet have lost weight faster.
How and when to drink water with lemon:
For this purpose, use warm purified or spring water. Take half a Cup of warm water without sugar and squeeze in there at least half of lemon or lime. Better to use a special juicer (to get the most juice with minimal effort). You can also use lemon essential oil. (where to find)
You have to drink water with lemon first thing in the morning on a void stomach. Some suggest a beverage of water one hour before dinners for most extreme results.